Sunday 8 March 2015

Travel Essentials

I was recently asked to do an EDC, which apparently stands for Every Day Carry. Once I found out what this meant, I actually found it quite hard to do. I'm essentially a minimalist when I go out and you'll hardly ever find me carrying things I don't absolutely need.

So I thought maybe I would discuss what are my everyday travel essentials. This then became a toss up between budget travelling or 5 star travelling. It then became quite obvious that 5 star travelling doesn't really need much thought to go into it (seeing as you will take more than you need to anyway). This being the case, I selected my 5 essential 'budget' travel items.

1. Wallet - MontBlanc
106653 - Meisterstueck Pocket 6CC
When you have 3 wallets from Montblanc it might sometimes be hard to choose which one to take. However, for sheer practicality, the one that always travels with me is the Meisterstueck Pocket 6CC.

2. Sunglasses - Ray Ban Justin
Justin in the middle is my choice

Versatility wins out here. When I travel I want to be able to dress from 'as casual as possible' to 'a shade under semi-formal'. As such, the Justins trump the RB3477s and the Erikas and they are my go to shades for whenever I'm travelling.

3. Headphones - Audio Technica ATH-50
There's a new model out - The ATH-50X

Where would I be without my headphones. They are your best friend in a plane, train, bus or anywhere you just want to shut the outside world out and just get to your destination. I love the sound quality of the ATH-50s and their all round performance. Check out their review on CNET.

4. Wash Bag - Sportscraft
Looks great and you won't cry if it gets ruined

Every guy should have a quality one of these. Sure you could get something like the Mulberry Full Grain Leather Wash Bag. However, bear in mind that the wash bag often houses your most useful fluids and they get thrown around a lot. As such, you are one leakage away and/or one scratch, dent or rip on the outside. Hence, consider getting something that will allow you to get some enjoyment out of it without breaking the bank. You could also consider the shaving bag from Ralph Lauren.

5. Cologne - Bleu de Chanel
Sorry Giorgio and Ralph, Coco has got you this time

My choice of cologne. It was a hard decision and an honourable mention deserves to go to the Armani Code. Ultimately, it was the versatility of the Bleu that won out. I feel its more versatile compared to the code and helps to keep your masculinity in check because no matter how big your ego is, at the end of the day you are still wearing Chanel. I also feel more care free and fun when wearing the Bleu, whilst still feeling the part when dressed in a suit.

That makes 5 items and the end of the post. I trust that this has been helpful and you still like my taste in life. Stay tuned for more.

#Hanbaobao

Stay up to date and follow me on:
Instagram: @the_over_correction
Facebook: www.facebook.com/theovercorrection

Alternatively, any sharing of a post using the share bar below would be greatly appreciated and would be greeted with multiple imaginary high 5's.

No comments:

Post a Comment