Sunday 12 April 2015

The Next Phase


A funny thing happened to me the other day. I say funny because I never thought it would happen. This feeling was the acceptance that another chapter in my life had completely closed for good.

Stuck in a remote location with limited things to do to occupy my time, I found myself watching part of the movie Mean Girls. As far as chick flicks go, mean girls is probably one of the better ones and I would even go so far as to say it's quite enjoyable.


This movie came out in about 2003 or 2004 and I definitely would say the teenage hormones were more than alive back then such that Rachel McAdams and Lindsay Lohan were the highlight of the show.

Fast forward to 2015 and I had a completely different experience, one that I never thought would have happened. I actually found myself sarcastically making fun on the school kids with their petty problems and was feeling the pain felt by Tina Fey as she tried to relate to the self absorbed teenagers that populate the school.


Sure the jokes were still amusing but they were for different reasons. I also understood jokes that went straight over my head in a yesteryear.


I got over this shock reasonably quickly but it really just hit home that I'd left that side of me behind. 

There's no real point to this post other than I ask you to ask yourself what point you're at. If you're still in the 'immature' phase, cherish it because your 'moment' might not be too far away. If you're well past the moment, I'm now forced to accept that I'm one of you. Here's to the next time period as we await the passing of the 'next moment.'

#Hanbaobao

Follow me to stay up to date:
Instagram: @the_over_correction
Facebook: facebook.com/theovercorrection

Alternatively, any sharing of a post using the share bar below would be greatly appreciated and would be greeted with multiple imaginary high 5's.

No comments:

Post a Comment