Monday 16 February 2015

Essential Items of Clothing (Part 1)

I was tempted to make this an analysis post about spending habits but in lieu of my promise for some more cheery posts I thought I'd spin it a different way.

So today I'm going to discuss what items you should spend more on such that it becomes more worthwhile in the long run. If this proves popular I'll do a few more and slowly expand to the more showy and out there items.

1. Thongs
We live in Australia which means almost anywhere you go thongs are an acceptable footwear. I'd even go so far and say that jeans and thongs are considered a well dressed individual. So my choice here is a singled coloured pair of Havianas. If I haven't said it before, I'll say it now. In almost every case 'a brand that is know for a certain type of product is the brand you should consider buying even if they cost a little bit more.' 
Havis are the leader when it comes to thongs. They offer extra comfort over the obvious competitors and provide you with a fashionable accessory to go with almost anything; not to mention, they seem to last forever. That being said the amount of wear, comfort and flexiblity you get out of Havianas are why they are my choice of thongs.

2. Suits
No matter what you do with you life, a black suit will always be required. You could always rent but why would you when you could purchase a core item that will become part of your identity. Most people have no idea when it comes to suits so I'll suggest some advice. The suit I'm getting at is not the play suit you use for 21st bday's. This suit should be well made, offer a flattering body shape and represent you at your finest. That means suits from entry level places such as TopMan, Roger David, Suit Co. and their equivalents are out. Go after the next tier up such as Herringbone or even Ralph Lauren. However, steer clear of brands like Armani and Burberry; completely over priced for the quality you get. You got to remember these high end brands want you to buy each year's collection. So essentially you are paying for style not quality. 
Black Modern Twill
My personal favourite is Rhodes & Beckett who offer a flattering cut, good quality and english tailoring. They may even be made in Italy (I'll have to check that). The best bit about them is the fact that in Australia, we don't have a big stylish suit culture. This means if you are willing to wait (EOFY or Boxing Day) you can pick up these $1000 suits at 50% off (i.e the price you would pay for one of the entry level brands). Are you sold on them yet?

3. Pants
When it comes to pants, I need ones that allow my bits to breath. It doesn't matter how stylish they are, if your manhood is suffocating, you probably shouldn't buy them (unless you're into that sort of thing). That's why you should buy american for pants. No one knows how to do style and comfort quite like the Americans . A lot of good quality brands such as country road do style but they are guilty of trying to suffocate your manhood. As such, my brand for pants is Hollister. 
Slim Straight Chinos
From chinos to jeans, hollister provides the same stylish cuts as good as any other brand; except with extreme comfort. You could always pay extra to get Ambercrombie but seeing as they come from the same factory, I don't really see the point when it comes to a straight pair of chinos or comfy slim cut jeans.  

This concludes Part 1 on Essential Items of Clothing. Stay tuned for Parts 2 and 3.

#Hanbaobao

To stay up to date with all the latest posts follow me on:
Instagram: @the_over_correction
Facebook: facebook.com/theovercorrection

Alternatively, any sharing of a post using the share bar below would be greatly appreciated and would be greeted with multiple imaginary high 5's.

No comments:

Post a Comment