Tuesday 17 February 2015

Essential Items of Clothing (Part 2)

This is expected to be the second of three posts. Continuing on from Part 1, I'll select another three items of essential clothing you should consider paying more for. Our basics are the most important part of our wardrobe which should be enough justification for not getting on a fashion train band wagon.

So without further ado, let's continue.

4. Shorts
I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to shorts. Much of the same criteria applies as pants but because of the general nature of shorts, suffocation is never too much of an issue. That being said there is a current fashion trend of guys wearing very tight short shorts. I can understand wanting to join in on a fashion trend but what I can't understand is wanting to deliberately suffocate your bits. Seriously it's bloody uncomfortable and it's probably why guys that wear these kind of shorts are so prone to brain implosions. 
Boston Short
So once again, short is fine but keep the air flowing. I'm not a huge a fan of short so my go to brand is Tommy Hilfiger. They seem to offer the right levels of comfort, length and quality (most probably because they are american - see part 1). They also have one major advantage over fierce rivals Ralph Lauren; they don't look like 'dad' shorts.

5. Sunglasses
Everyone should have a good pair of sunglasses. Unfortunately many do not. What they have are either a white pair of Oakley's that say I have no taste or they get very shiny Prada ones that say I'm over compensating for something. 

In Australia let alone Adelaide, chances are you will need two pairs; one plastic, one metal. The plastic will usually take the form of the Ray Ban Wayfarer. This surprisingly doesn't suit a lot of people, so I suggest you get something like the Ray Ban Justin. I find this to be a great casual multi-purpose pair and if on the off chance you really are worried about them getting ruined at the beach, go get a cheap $20 pair. No one seriously cares how expensive your beach sunnies are.


The metal pair is for more formal events. Events like a day at the races or a day time work function; basically anywhere you are wearing a shirt and slacks. As I alluded to before, a big unstylish pair of Prada sunnies is not the answer. Leave them to the overweight black watch polo wearing douche. I'd like to see you get something that suits your face shape and compliments instead of another seeking. My choice is another Ray Ban. The BB 3477. What a name.

6. Underwear
To be honest luxury underwear could easily have landed in my 'Favourite Luxury Items' series. The fact that it hasn't is due to two main reasons; they are actually more comfortable than regular underwear and the special feeling you get from wearing them. 

There's something pleasing about having something that's yours that other people can't see or don't know about. I think I can therefore justify saying that luxury underwear falls into this category. You gain confidence and comfort from your luxury underwear which is unknown to the people that pass you by and that for me is particularly pleasing; unless you're the guy with your pants around your ankles.
Trunk Fit Boxers
So what's my choice? Calvin's rate quite highly of course but I think I prefer Abercrombie. Sure it's same shit different name but at least you ain't being compared to Bieber.

This concludes part 2.

#Hanbaobao

To stay up to date with all the latest posts follow me on:
Instagram: @the_over_correction
Facebook: facebook.com/theovercorrection

Alternatively, any sharing of a post using the share bar below would be greatly appreciated and would be greeted with multiple imaginary high 5's.

No comments:

Post a Comment