Sunday 1 February 2015

TOD'S - Italian Shoes at Their Finest

I thought I was overdue for another fashion post. Today's topic is the Italian brand TOD'S. I am a massive fan of this brand and currently own three pairs of shoes (shown below).

Suede Chelsea Boots, Leather Lace Ups and Gomino
Gomino
Let's start with the Gomino. Probably the most impractical pair of shoes I own and yet I love them. Incredibly comfortable, yet the design on the soles offer no protection from any nasties on the ground.


Yes, I know they are meant as a 'driving shoe.' How pretentious do you have to be though to only use them as the intended purpose? You could get the City Loafer but I think they're pretty damn ugly. Anyway I wear them as much as I can. I even bought a more 'practical' pair of Hugo Boss Loafers but was quite dissatisfied with the overall product so ended up returning them. On a side note, make sure you spray the suede though, unless you are trying to give them a one of kind vintage look (my girlfriend accidentally did that to her mulberry Alexa bag).

Leather Lace Ups
Next up is the amazing Leather Lace Ups (this link is the closest I could find from their current collection). Brown leathers with a navy suit are all the rage at the moment. So of course I bought these to accompany my suits. 

 


These shoes have been ridiculously comfortable (unlike my burberry ones) whilst looking incredible. The only downside is a lack of protection for the soles. I'll suggest either getting some temporary stick on ones or go the whole way and get a sole protector attached onto the sole. I'm currently using the temporary ones as I can't bring myself to make permanent alterations to the shoes yet.

Suede Chelsea Boots
Last but not least are my Suede Chelsea Boots. I got these a couple of years ago (they have aged really well) before TOD'S changed the sole design to the current rubber design (as shown in the link). 

These came with a smooth sole similar to the leather lace ups shown above, except with thread stitch inseam. Unfortunately like most high end shoes, wear and tear on the sole happened quite quickly. At the time I was quite new to the luxury shoe game and I allowed the sole and heel to deteriorate a little bit too much. As such, I was forced to get them resoled with a new heel and sole protector. Thankfully, I haven't had any problems with them since.

Overall, if you take the necessary precautions and treat them well, TOD'S is an great show brand and I highly recommend that you try some on and see for yourself.

#Hanbaobao

To stay up to date with all the latest posts follow me on:
Instagram: @the_over_correction
Facebook: facebook.com/theovercorrection

Alternatively, any sharing of a post using the share bar below would be greatly appreciated and would be greeted with multiple imaginary high 5's.

2 comments:

  1. Shoesinitaly
    Our personal selection of the most beautifully crafted authentic Italian Shoes at a price you can afford! Free Shipping and Free Returns. - Made in Italy
    Jenny L. Soto
    276 Pinchelone Street
    Portsmouth, VA 23707
    angela_currey@yahoo.com
    757-372-3091
    http://shoesinitaly.over-blog.com/2016/04/the-style-and-elegance-of-italian-shoes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoesinitaly
    Our personal selection of the most beautifully crafted authentic Italian Shoes at a price you can afford! Free Shipping and Free Returns. - Made in Italy
    http://shoesinitaly.over-blog.com/italianshoes

    ReplyDelete