Friday 6 February 2015

Getting Through Writer's Block

Today I'm struggling to fully develop an idea that I can write about. Which poses the question of what can you do to get past writer's block?

I think most 'blockages' (writers', creativity etc) are due to anxiety. Maybe it's the anxiety of coming up with something meaningful or has some 'w'ow' factor. Or maybe it is the anxiety of failure. The sooner you identify the specific cause, the sooner you can overcome it. 

In my case, I think I might be feeling the pressure of maintaining such a high standard of blogging (the pressures of having one fan are getting to me). I don't know why, but admitting this seems to have made me more relaxed to the point I think I can feel the creative juices flowing. It seems to have got me halfway through this post so it must be working.

So building on this idea. I think it applies to a wider set of circumstances. How many things have you not done, due to anxiety. Is it kicking that bad habit? Is it getting the confidence to ask that person out? Is it not pursuing something you're passionate about?

Hitting the ripe old age of 25 has made me realise that it's time to face multiple 'anxieties' and roundhouse kick it in the face. I encourage you to do the same. You don't have to be doing what society dictates but by my next post I challenge you to have faced an anxiety and start becoming more comfortable with yourself.

I've now come up with  a couple of good ideas that I'll publish very soon so stay posted.

#Hanbaobao

No comments:

Post a Comment