Monday 12 January 2015

Brain Dump for Today

As I sit here listening to a seemingly never ending Queen playlist, I have the much too common sensation of feeling a bit lost.

Yeah sure daily life continues - same shit different day, but with no end in sight or clarity about what to do next. So instead I turn to what can distract me. Funnily enough, the great ballad that is 'Break Free' breaks this thought and I cant help but smile. Cheesy playlists heavily involving Queen are definitely a great way to pass time.

Spirits instantly boosted, my mind shifts to what I actually wanted to say, which is 'When did sitting in a room listening to Queen, whilst staring at bottles of Glen Morangie and wondering - why the hell do I have a cupboard full of Ralph Lauren', become something I do almost too regularly.

It wasn't too long ago that the nipple singlet wearing, ass check hanging out shorts, music festival scene was my go to place for comfort and a sense of belonging - not to mention place to dump pointless amounts of money. However, now it's all to apparent that this is something I rather detest. That's not to have a go at anyone that feels at their most comfortable in this scene. I'm actually all for nipple singlets and ass check hanging out shorts if you have the physique to match and music that in a large number of cases, sounds like pots and pans falling down some stairs.

It goes both ways though. I don't know how many times I've gone 150 miles an hour racing into a culture that seems to be slowly leaching the life out of society in the pursuit of profit. I guess all you can do is enjoy it whilst it lasts and I suppose that's why even though I dislike something now, I'm essentially going to over correct by indulging in something else.

That seems to be my materialistic obsession with anything Ralph Lauren (I own countless head to toe outfits of the stuff). Similarly, my pursuit for possessing items in as little time as possible from brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Burberry, TOD's and Mont Blanc (I own three wallets - seriously, I think I might have a problem) is as amusing as it is concerning. However, there's nothing wrong with liking nice things and if the internet tells us anything - apparently people randomly babbling about items and lifestyles other people wish they could have, equals profit. So maybe I should post some reviews about my favourite possessions or experiences if I have time.

Anyway this brain dump is almost over. In some strange way I actually feel quite satisfied right now. The distraction has worked and I think this has given me a platform to write about some of the topics that I indicated I may write about in an earlier post.

That's all for now though.

#Hanbaobao

No comments:

Post a Comment