Sunday 18 January 2015

Burberry - Just Another Obession

The power of an idea is at times mind boggling. What starts as a mere thought can essentially transform into an addiction so powerful that suddenly you feel it controls you.

When it comes to Burberry, sometimes I think that is exactly what has happened. I started adding items to my wardrobe about 12 months ago. 

In that time I've tried on probably almost everything in store. So far I've resisted getting getting the iconic trench coat - I'm from Adelaide, Australia, where the level of fashion hasn't risen to a level where I feel comfortable wearing it out everyday. It's improving though so maybe I'll get one soon.

So what have I bought? I thought I'd discuss them by separating them into accessories and clothing. I haven't been too impressed with the quality vs. price trade off with a lot of the clothing from Burberry (the exception being the trenc) so I'd like to begin with accessories. 
Burberry Accessories
As you can see I've got a few accessories. I really love the scarf (i'm looking to get the cashmere blend in navy - what do you think about it?), the iconic wolf head cufflinks (i'll talk about them later) and my skinny blue green tie. However, other than looking good, I haven't really enjoyed the pair of shoes I got from Burberry Prorsum. At the time i thought the cut was quite good and the shoes were comfortable. However, as I found out later, because the material (like a lot of prorsum products) is that shiny metallic leather and the shoes have no give, I found that the leather dug into my ankle at times. It's not a huge issue for short time periods, but if you're wearing them for a whole day, I'd much prefer to wear something from TOD's any day of the week. I guess that supports the theory that you should only buy items from a brand if they are known for that product.

Now moving on to clothes. I currently own two items of clothing; my favourite knit jumper and a black polo from Burberry Brit.

Burberry Clothing
As I alluded too earlier, I haven't been too impressed with a lot of the clothes from Burberry. I've found the suits to be really cheap feeling and a lot of the jumpers to be overpriced for the quality you're getting. I think that's why I was particularly pleased to find this jumper. Really comfortable and a great fit its been a staple of my wardrobe since I bought it. The polo was an interesting purchase as I am very loyal to Ralph Lauren (when it comes to polos). I have to say that the standard cut is quite slim which suits me fine (i usually require a custom fit with all my Ralph Lauren tops). The material as you would expect is a step up from the standard polo by RL tops and feels a little bit more stretchy. This can be quite significant if you prefer to have a bit more breath-ability in your clothing. Overall, a great cut if you have a slimmer physique.

This concludes my thoughts on Burberry for now. I hope to add to my collection in the near future and will update accordingly. Look forward to hearing some comments.

#Hanbaobao

No comments:

Post a Comment