Friday 23 January 2015

Cashed Up Idiots

Today's piece is a bit of a hate rant. I was inspired by one of my favourite blogs 'The Hate Locker.' I have no idea who he is but who ever you are, you have pretty much captured what is wrong with society. Seriously go check it out. If you don't agree with the majority of his points, I think that just proves me right.

Anyway today I'd like to talk about dealing with 'cashed up idiots.' I'm surprised my mate (the hate locker) hasn't ranted about this. In any case I'll try to do it justice.

So cashed up idiots. It's what makes the world go round. It's simple economics. When there is excess money, people will invariably become stupid with it.

Honest work is honest work and I for one would not say no to being overpaid. However, without getting borderline self righteous, nothing gets me more riled up than a cashed up idiot that throws their money (or daddy's money) around and has no idea why they are spending that much money.

Sure drop the cash if you have it but at least have some detailed knowledge about the product. Otherwise you're that idiot.


Stop trying to be Scott Disick
One of my best mates (love him to death) severely suffers from this. Everything is either amazing or really shit. When asked why he thinks that, the standard response is 'because it is.' Case, match and point. So because something is good, 'because it is,' we should all stop we are doing and follow you? I think not.
My mate in a nutshell
Then there's also the cashed up idiot that thinks people will only like them because of their possessions. I'm not really sure which kind of person is more irritating. However, for this kind of person I have a full proof plan. Essentially whenever this person, gets into their bragging 'the I have this and that mood,' start asking really obscure questions. Nothing makes me happier than the satisfaction of seeing the back pedaling shown by said person when they don't know the answer to 'what is the optimum psi for the tyres on your new Porsche?' Or 'what grade of rubber do they use on the windscreen wipers?'

And what if on the off chance they do? I tip my hat to them and say 'you win this round!'

#Hanbaobao

To stay up to date with all the latest posts follow me on:
Instagram: @the_over_correction
Facebook: facebook.com/theovercorrection

Alternatively, any sharing of a post using the share bar below would be greatly appreciated and would be greeted with multiple imaginary high 5's.

No comments:

Post a Comment